Aztec God Magic Mushrooms from the incredible pre-Aztec city north of Mexico City. Take these Aztec God Magic Mushrooms and enjoy a spiritual experience that has enlightened humans since ancient times. It is rumored that the Aztec God spores were original collected around the ruins of Teotihuacan.
As the name suggests, Aztec God shrooms were isolated from wild shrooms growing in Central America, specifically in Paso de Cortes in Mexico, in the mountains just south of Mexico City. The first mention of this strain comes from Roger Heim. Heim, a French mycologist, discovered and isolated the strain in 1956 from the Popocatepetl mountains in Mexico.
Aztec God Magic Mushrooms Potency & Psilocybin Content
- The Aztec God strain is average in terms of potency — somewhere around 0.50–0.70% psilocybin and 0.10% – 0.20% psilocin (0.60% – 0.90% total tryptamines). With that said, it’s notoriously difficult to pinpoint the specific potency of mushroom strains because of how much they’re affected by factors like growing and storage conditions.
- Even samples taken from different parts of the same mycelial culture have been found to have widely varying psilocybin levels. Likewise, samples tested of the same strain grown in different conditions can also vary significantly.
- It’s important to take the potency recommendations of mushroom strains with a grain of salt. One of the early specimens of the Aztec God strain was noted to have a much lower potency than mentioned above — just 0.20% psilocybin. This reading was taken by Heim and Hoffman, the two men who originally isolated the strain, but it was reportedly taken on an old specimen.
- We often turn to the results from Oakland Hyphae’s Psilocybin Cup for more accurate and more recent psilocybin content readings. However, the Aztec God strain is relatively uncommon, and there has not yet been any entries with this particular strain.
- The Aztec God Magic Mushrooms variety originated in Central America, where the ancient Aztec civilization existed for thousands of years.
- It is well documented that the Aztecs intentionally consumed these mushrooms, and that they were well aware of the profound spiritual state of consciousness that they would encounter upon consuming them. This is evidenced by many forms of Aztec art, and Aztec nomenclature. The Aztecs even had a word for magic mushrooms – Teonanácatl – which translates to “Flesh of the Gods”.
- Aztec God Magic Mushrooms typically produces larger than average sized mushrooms. They have thick stems that are yellowish-white in colour, and medium sized caps that range from golden-brown to chestnut brown in colour. Sporulation is moderate and spores are dark purple to black in colour.
- Aztec God Magic Mushrooms has a moderate potency. It often elicits spiritual and mystical experiences, along with feelings of peace, relaxation, and deep connection to others, nature, and your surroundings.
- This variety along with Huautla, Mazatepec, and Mexicube, are the best choices for a therapeutic or medicinal application.
- Micro-dose: 0.15–0.3g
- Creative dose: 0.5–1g (test out these doses before taking at work!)
- Typical party dose: 2–3 g (a full trip dose)